Lead generation is a crucial part of any sales funnel strategy and if done right, it can be the game changer for your business – especially if you handle high ticket sales.
When it comes to expensive products/services, simply generating traffic to the landing page via Paid Ad or organic marketing isn’t quite enough to trigger more sales.
Since they are expensive, people are reluctant to purchase right away. Rather you need to craft a funnel plan that will guide your prospects into trusting you and eventually deciding to purchase your high ticket offer.
And the best way you can do it is by collecting targeted leads that have a high possibility of converting .
Today, we will look at one of the best lead generation funnel strategies that can lead to more high ticket sales – the squeeze page funnel.
By the end of this article, you will learn exactly what a squeeze page is, why it works, and how you can plan and build a squeeze page funnel for your business in WordPress.
So let’s begin.
Table Of Contents
- What is a Squeeze Page and why it works?
- How to plan & create a squeeze page funnel
What Is A Squeeze Page And Why Does It Works?
A squeeze page is a special landing page you create with one single goal – collect targeted leads.
It is a page where you offer something of great value for free, in exchange for a prospect’s email, name, phone number, etc.
**P.S. It is not part of a sales landing page or product landing page, or even a pop-up. It’s a separate page where you drive traffic directly and collect leads for your upcoming high ticket sales funnel.
The idea here is, you need to promote the giveaway of something that your target audience will love, usually some sort of value-added resources. And then you may persuade your prospects or ‘squeeze’ them to provide you with their names and email addresses in order to get it for free.
For example, let’s say you want to target Content Marketers to enroll in your Digital Marketing Courses.
– You can prepare a Content Calendar template, and a Content Planning checklist.
– Then, you can offer this to your target prospects for free in exchange for their contact details.
– And once you have their email addresses, you can then create a second sales funnel campaign to convert leads into buyers.
Example Of A Squeeze Page
Now, you have to ensure a few things when creating a squeeze page to maximize its conversion rate.
- The copy of the squeeze page should only describe what you are offering for free in exchange for your prospect’s data. You may use a benefit-rich headline, bullet points to highlight the core benefits, an attractive image, and a direct CTA to ask the visitor to sign up.
**There should not be any hooks on something else or irrelevant CTAs about anything else on this page – no distractions.
- If possible, keep it short. In most cases, squeeze pages are of one or two foldings. It’s best not to make it longer than that as you do not want your prospects to get confused with too many details and start having second thoughts on opting in.
- The lead magnet you offer must be something useful to your target audience. Sometimes we are reluctant to give away good stuff for free but in this case, you have to give away something of real value.
**This free giveaway is not just to get the emails, the “free resource” also acts as an element to establish authority. If what you provided is of high quality and the people who claimed it are impressed with it, it will further increase the chance of success in your later sales campaigns for your core product or service.
- Highlight how much worth of products they are getting for free. Many avoid mentioning any price, but if you manage to picture how much the prospect will save in terms of money, it will make the prospect feel more satisfied with their decision.
- Your lead magnet should, in some way, be relevant to your high ticket offer.
Let’s consider the example we used earlier. Since you are offering Digital Marketing Courses to Content Marketers, a Content Planning guide will be included in the course. And so the Content Planning checklist as a lead magnet makes perfect sense. If this is useful, then your prospects will assume, to some extent, that your high ticket course will be useful to them as well when offered.
- The opt-in form should have as less fields as possible. You should only include fields for data that you absolutely need to run your sales campaign later on. So do not ask for any data that you can go without.
Besides these, the page design is also a big factor here. You need to make sure your squeeze page design is not too cluttered or overly colorful.
Why Do Squeeze Pages Work So Well?
As you can tell, a squeeze page is similar to when you promote a product or service directly on a landing page, except that it comes with something valuable for free and your copy is much shorter.
The idea is, you do not target a whole lot of audience. You are aiming for a specific set of prospects with a goal-oriented lead magnet. This narrows down the number of traffic you bring in, the number of people interested in your offer, and the number of people who end up signing up.
Hence, the conversion rate is much higher than other lead generation methods.
Likewise, since the leads you collect are qualified, your next stages of the funnel are likely to be more successful.
Of course, your copy has to be good, and the lead magnet you choose has to make sense to connect with prospects the right way. But if these are done right, the results will be immense.
What Type Of Lead Magnet Should You Use?
Most people are often confused about what should be used as a lead magnet.
Does it always have to be a PDF or an eBook? Well, not necessarily.
You can offer good value in lots of other ways such as
- 30-mins online session
- Free 3-days Bootcamp
- Trial or demo
- Temporary license
- Voice Call
- Audio collection
- Webinar series
- Relevant Mini Courses
- Custom content templates
- Embedded video page
- Downloadable Video
- Presentation Slide
Whichever form of resource you want to offer, make sure it’s well prepared and provides real value. It has to be a form of a solution that helps to make the prospect’s life easier.
Make sure you are not flooding your resource with advertisements. It should contain what you promised – a useful resource that your target audience will benefit from.
But yes, you can include smart hooks or soft CTAs for your core products once or twice, without ensuring it doesn’t create any distractions.
Bonus: Two Genius Ways To Increase The Leads’ Conversion Potential
There are two secret tactics you can use with your lead magnet to generate leads that are of higher conversion potential than usual.
Tactic 1 – Keep Reference To Your High Ticket Product In Your Lead Magnet
The idea is, within the lead magnet resource, you may keep some reference to your high ticket product.
- For example, let’s say your core product is a software to run and track Facebook Ads.
- Now, suppose you wrote a short book on Facebook Ad tactics that you want to offer as a lead magnet.
- In the book, you can explain how to plan and create Facebook Ads. But when teaching the part of launching the Ads campaign and tracking them afterward, you can refer to your own software as the solution when preparing the guide.
**But do not create a scenario where the topic in question cannot be done at all without your core product/service. Rather, portray that it is optional to use your software, but it is recommended will be used in the guide.
Tactic 2 – If Possible, Keep A Small But Important Portion Untouched In Your Resource
When preparing the lead magnet resource, you can deliberately keep a certain topic/section incomplete or untouched. In its place, you can use a hook on getting your core product to learn about that topic.
- For example, let’s say you offer your service as a coach to help authors successfully sell more of their books online and you are devising a 3-stage funnel –
– Stage 1 – A squeeze page to collect leads
– Stage 2 – Offer a 3-days paid boot camp online
– Stage 3 – Ask to take your service in managing book sales.
- Now, for the lead magnet, let’s say you are giving away a guide on creating a sales funnel on the website for the book.
- There, when talking about preparing a sales funnel journey, you can say “You will need a persuasive copy on the Landing Page,” but then do not give any guide on how to make it persuasive. Rather leave a hook stating “You can learn to write persuasive copies for books by joining a 3-days boot camp with me…” and leave a note on how to join the boot camp.
This will get a good chunk of your leads excited and you will already have a few converted leads even before you initiate Stage 2 of your funnel,
So far you understood what a squeeze page is. Now let us look at how you can create a funnel that includes a squeeze page.
How To Plan & Create A Squeeze Page Funnel
When you use the word ‘funnel’ it refers to a complete journey where prospects are qualified into the later stages of your marketing & sales process.
In this regard, for a high ticket sales funnel, you have to divide it into at least four parts –
- Paid Ads, SMM, and Email Marketing to drive traffic
- A Squeeze Page Funnel to collect leads
- Email automation to nurture the leads
- A Sales funnel to sell your high ticket product / service.
So, a squeeze page funnel is only the second stage of your whole funnel journey.
Funnel Flow Of A Squeeze Page Funnel
This lead gen funnel involves three major steps:
- A landing Page, i.e., the Squeeze Page
- A Thank You Page, i.e., the confirmation and instruction page.
- Automated email to send the reward to your prospects.
Tools Required To Create The Squeeze Page Funnel
There are several tools you can use to create the whole funnel process. Seemingly, you will require –
- a reliable funnel builder to create the funnel steps.
- an automation tool to initiate email automation campaigns.
In this guide, we will show you how you can create this funnel within WordPress. Here, we will be using –
- WPFunnels as the funnel builder for WordPress.
- FluentCRM as the automation tool.
- Elementor as the page builder for design.
Let us go ahead and learn how you can build this funnel in WordPress easily.
Guide To Creating A Squeeze Page Funnel In WordPress
For this guide, we will use the following example:
Let’s say you offer Personal Legal Consultancy service. For the squeeze page, you can offer to opt-in for a 15 Minutes Free Online Legal Consultancy. Once signed up, you may email them the link to book the appointment.
So here, we will be using WPFunnels to create the squeeze page, and a thank you page. Then we will refer you to set up automation in FluentCRM.
Before you start implementing the guide, make sure to do the following:
- Install & activate WPFunnels (Basic) and WPFunnels Pro in your site.
- Install & activate FluentCRM and FluentCRM Pro in your site.
Once you are ready, follow the steps below.
Step 1 – Create A Two-Step Funnel
Use WPFunnels to build a funnel from scratch or import pre-made funnel templates.[Guide]
For this case, we will create a funnel from scratch and then add two steps, Landing & Thank you.
Step 2 – Offer Your Lead Magnet On The Landing Page
- Edit the landing step to open it in the editor mode.
- Update the design and copy and make it into a squeeze page.
- Use the WPFunnels Opt-in form on this page to gather leads from visitors who are interested [Guide]
Step 3 – Set Up The Thank Page
- On the canvas, edit the Thank you step.
- Design this page and provide instructions on what’s next.
Step 4 – Set Up Integration To Send Data To FluentCRM
- Go to FluentCRM first and create a list, let’s say, “Lead Gen” and a tag “lead_yes.” [Guide]
- Next, go back to the funnel canvas and set up an integration event, [Guide]
When Event Is “After Opt-in Form Submission”, List is “Lead Gen” and tag is “lead_yes.”
This means, when someone will opt in, their details will be added to FluentCRM.
Step 5 – Setup Email Automation Campaign
- Go to FluentCRM and create an email automation campaign, to be triggered when the user is added to the list “Lead Gen” with the tag “lead_yes.” [Guide]
- On the email body, include your appointment booking link to your free consultancy session. [Guide]
And that’s it. Your squeeze page funnel is ready.
But this is just one stage of the 4 in the complete funnel journey. So before you can go live with it, you have to prepare the required resources for the other stages as well.
What to do after you collect the leads?
Immediately after generating leads, the next thing to do is to initiate your lead nurture sequence, which could be 3 emails over the span of two weeks.
And then follow through with your high ticket sales funnel.
**If you want, you can also host a couple of free webinars before making the main proposal, or maybe offer a Tripwire.
As you can tell by now, a squeeze page done right will help to close more clients for your high ticket sales with less effort. In fact, it is one of the best lead generation tactics you can use in any sales funnel strategy.
You also saw that in WordPress, it’s super easy to craft a squeeze page funnel.
So whether you are a professional coach, trying to sell an expensive product, a marketing specialist, or a funnel-building expert, you should actively use this proven strategy to get more success in the long run.
Go ahead and start building your own squeeze page funnel.