Having the right tool for CRM and marketing automation is crucial to grow your business. In order to automate the process of getting leads and converting them to sales, you also need a reliable tool for lead management and email automation.
Ontroport is one such tool that comes with several CRM and automation features to help you operate your business. However, over the past few years, a lot more better solutions have emerged. And Ontraport is yet to catch up.
Having said that, you will also face several barriers while using Ontraport, such as difficulty in learning its features, complicated UI, ineffective email automation control, and most importantly, the highly expensive pricing plans.
This is why, today, we will look at some of the best Ontraport alternatives to help you run your business more smoothly, without complications or high costs.
We have carefully analyzed the features of these tools and observed feedback from their users before choosing them as better alternatives to Ontraport.
So let’s dive in.
What is Ontraport?
Ontraport is a powerful all-in-one business and marketing automation platform designed to help businesses of all sizes run their operations effectively, enhance customer relationships, and drive sales. Their key features include several CRM features, email marketing, landing pages, membership creation, and many more.
- Founded in 2006.
- Founder: Landon Ray
Reasons to Consider Ontraport Alternatives
Let’s face it. Running a business has become super competitive nowadays and if you are looking to get fast growth, you need to rely on the best tools that meet your requirements. While Ontraport is great, you might want to look into several other tools that can now offer many more features and much lower cost.
Here are a few reasons why you should look into Ontraport alternatives.
- Complex UI with a High Learning Curve
While Ontraport has powerful features for lead collection and CRM, the UI is rather complicated. If you are a beginner, then it will take quite some time to learn adequately. In fact, we have found many feedbacks online where experienced marketers also found the tool complicated.
- Expensive Compared To Other Solutions
Starting at $24/month, Ontroport can get quite expensive the more features you require. For example, if you need more customization options with your CRM automation and lead management, you will need the Pro plan which starts at $124/month. This is definitely not favorable for small businesses.
- Less Efficient Customer Support
Many have also complained about receiving slow support from the Ontroport team which is a crucial factor to look at. If you are in the middle of a huge promotional campaign and your CRM is having issues, not getting fast assistance may result in a huge loss.
These are just some of the common issues many face with Ontraport. And the solution is to go for a better alternative that doesn’t have these issues.
Quick List of Alternatives to Ontraport
- Mailmint – Simple & Easy-to-use Email Marketing Automation Tool For WordPress & WooCommerce.
- Constant Contact – Quality email marketing and automation platform.
- Hubspot – Complete CRM and Marketing Automation platform.
- Keap – Smart CRM for any type of business.
- ActiveCampaign – Powerful email automation tool with advanced email control.
Comparison Table of Top 5 Ontraport Competitors
|Email Automation Workflows
|Ease Of Use
|Availability Of Support
Top 5 Ontraport Alternatives For Effective CRM & Email Automation
Now, let us look at the best Ontraport alternatives more closely so that you can find a more reliable CRM and automation tool for your business.
1. Mail mint
Mail Mint is a unique email marketing automation plugin for WordPress and WooCommerce that offers several features to help you manage your leads and increase conversions.
It’s well-known for easy lead management & segmentation features and advanced email automation workflows. Plus, you will love its drag-and-drop email builder to design amazing emails. The plugin also comes with a built-in lead form builder to collect leads. And the best part, the whole plugin is self-hosted, which means, all the leads and emails you create are stored in your own database rather than an external own.
Right now, it is considered one of the easier email marketing tools in WordPress.
- Mail Mint was launched in early 2023 by the WPFunnels team.
- Founder: Lincoln Islam
- Founding Company: Code Rex
Key Features of Mail Mint
- Unlimited Contact List
Collect as many leads as you want. There is no limits or extra cost.
- Easy Lead Management & Segmentation
Easily organize your leads into lists and tags. And create segments based on contact data and actions in your website.
- Simple Email Campaign Builder
Easily create and send email campaigns in just a few clicks.
- Advanced Drag And Drop Email Builder
Get a next-level drag-and-drop email builder to design your emails however you want at ease.
- Email Marketing Automation Workflows
Set up automated actions and sequences to optimize lead control and email marketing processes.
- Custom Lead Form to Collect Leads
Create personalized lead forms tailored to gather specific information from potential customers.
- Email Sequences with Interval Control
Configure and schedule email sequences with precise timing intervals between each emails.
- Pre-built Automation Recipes
Access ready-made automation templates for quicker implementation and efficiency.
- Tons of Beautifully Designed Email Templates
Get a wide array of well-designed email templates available for immediate use.
- Automation for WooCommerce & WordPress
Create automation for leads distribution and email marketing for WordPress and WooCommerce.
- Automation for Major Form Builders
Set up automation flows to collect leads via major form builder and then set up email automation flows for them.
- Abandoned Cart Recovery for WooCommerce
Set up cart abandonment recovery emails for your WooCommerce store to win back lost sales.
- Special Integration With WPFunnels
Set up email automation flows for your funnels right on WPFunnels’ visual canvas based on buyers’ actions in the funnels.
Best Use Cases of Mail Mint
Following are some. of the best use cases of Mail Mint.
- Running regular business email campaigns such as special discount campaigns, greetings during special occasions, etc.
- Automating repetitive email series such as onboarding emails for new customers, or email funnels after purchases are made.
- Recover and convert potential buyers that were lost due to abandoned carts.
- Collect leads anywhere on your website with a custom lead form.
- Automate email marketing for your funnels and other special campaigns.
- Run product launch email campaigns using email schedules, series, and automation workflows.
- Manage and maintain all your leads easily.
Why Choose Mail Mint Over Ontraport
While Ontraport offers a broad range of features, Mail Mint offers a specialized and powerful solution for WordPress users who have long been using a user of this ecosystem. Its seamless integration, visual automation workflows, advanced email builder, and targeted features make Mail Mint the preferred choice for marketers, funnel creators, and small business owners. Mail Mint’s UI is another reason you may want to consider using it as it is much easier to use compared to Ontraport.
Not to mention the price difference – Mail Mint will cost you about $12.5/month (billed annually), and you will get all promised features included compared to twice as much price with Ontraport with limited features.
If you are using a WordPress site or running an e-commerce business using WooCommerce, then Mail Mint is definitely a better alternative to Ontraport for you.
Pros of Mail Mint
- Clutter-Free and Easy-to-Use Interface
- Visual Automation Workflows.
- Tons of email templates.
- Mandatory automation pre-created as recipes.
- Simplified email builder with full design control.
- Tons of automation triggers and actions.
Cons of Mail Mint
- Requires external SMTP service.
- Only works in WordPress.
Mail Mint comes with 3 yearly plans based on how many websites you want to use the license on.
You may rather go for a bundle along with WPFunnels to save even more on the total.
How To Get Mail Mint?
You may get Mail Mint here:
HubSpot is a popular CRM platform that offers a suite of tools for marketing, sales, customer service, and content management. It provides businesses with software solutions to help them attract visitors, convert leads, and close customers.
- Found in 2004.
- Founders: Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah
- Founding Company: HubSpot
Key Features of Hubspot
- Marketing Automation
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Management
- Website Analytics
- Landing Pages
- Sales Automation
- Contact Management
- Lead Nurturing
- Content Management System (CMS)
- AI Content Creation
Pros of Hubspot
- All-in-One Platform
- Intuitive and Clean User Interface
- Wide Partner Ecosystem
- Customized Structure and No-Code Customizability
Cons of Hubspot
- Expensive Pricing
- Limited A/B Testing
- High Learning Curve
The pricing plans for businesses with all the features are quite expensive. But you always can go for the Individual plan at $18/month if you only want a good CRM solution without the extensive features.
- G2 Rating: 4.4/5
- Capterra Rating: 4.5/5
- Trustpilot Rating: 3.3/5
- GetApp Rating: 4.5/5
Is Hubspot Better than Ontraport?
Upon observing both the tools ourselves and analyzing customer feedback on social media and forums, we can safely say that Hubspot is much more efficient as a CRM tool compared to Ontroport. Plus, it has several other marketing tools built into a single platform, which Ontroport won’t be able to help you with. Having said that, HubSpot is very expensive and the all-out services can only be feasible for large businesses.
So, you really need to decide what you are looking for for your business. If cost is the issue, then HubSpot is certainly not cheap. But if the quality and options to get more marketing tools are the reason, then Hubspot is one of the prime Ontraport alternatives.
3. Constant Contact
Constant Contact is a popular email marketing and CRM platform known for its ease of use and email deliverability. It is also widely preferred due to its high-level customer support, email customization, and business-focused templates.
About Constant Contact
- Founded in 2004.
- Founder: Randy Parker
- Founding Company: Roving Software
- Current Ownership: Clearlake Investments (acquired in 2021)
Key Features of Constant Contact
- Drag-and-drop email builder: Constant Contact provides a user-friendly email builder that allows you to create visually appealing emails without any coding knowledge
- Email automation: The platform offers email automation features, enabling you to send targeted emails to customers automatically based on their engagement with previous emails
- Reporting: You will get reporting capabilities, allowing you to track the performance of their email campaigns and make data-driven decisions
- Extensive Integrations: The platform offers 500+ integrations and add-ons with various tools, whether lead generation or signup tools, making it versatile for businesses with diverse needs
- Some Niche Features: Constant Contact includes niche features such as creating logos, selling products, scheduling social media posts, providing additional functionality for businesses
- Customer List Management: Constant Contact’s customer list management feature allows you to add, store, and organize their contacts in one place, and segment lists to target the right people
- Website Signup Forms: The platform offers website signup forms that can help your business grow your email list and reach more people
Pros of Constant Contact
- User-Friendly Interface
- Customizable Templates
- Great Phone Support
Cons of Constant Contact
- Expensive Pricing
- Limited Automation
- Difficulty in Account Cancellation
Their pricing plans start at $12/month and can go up to $80/month depending on your requirements. The basic plan only includes the traditional lead management and email marketing options. For A/B testing, segmentation, email automation, and other such advanced features, your need to go for a higher plan.
- G2 Rating: 4.0/5
- Capterra Rating: 4.4/5
- GetApp Rating: 4.3/5
Is Constant Contact Better than Ontraport?
As per the majority of user feedback, Constant Contact excels at having a user-friendly email marketing UI. If you simply need a good email marketing tool with high deliverability, then Constant Contact is much better at a lower price. However, if you are looking to go for advanced features such as email automation, A/B Testing, etc., they both are quite similar and the efficiency will depend on how well you learn to use them.
Keap, formerly known as Infusionsoft, is preferred by many businesses for its combination of CRM, marketing automation, e-commerce, and sales automation into a single platform. This largely makes it a flexible solution for small businesses looking to streamline their CRM and email marketing initiatives.
About Keap(formerly Infusionsoft)
- Founded in 2001
- Founders: Scott & Eric Martineau
- Founding Company: Keap
Keap has generated over $125 million in funding and has more than 650 employees.
Key Features of Keap
- Sales and Marketing Automation: Keap offers sales and marketing automation features, allowing businesses to trigger emails and other marketing actions based on customer actions, streamlining communication and follow-up processes
- CRM: It has a powerful CRM system that you can use to manage customer relationships, track leads, and monitor sales pipelines
- E-commerce: Keap comes with a built-in shopping cart and e-commerce features, allowing you to sell products and services directly through the platform.
- Automation Templates: You will get automation templates for lead capture, tasks, and email nurtures, making it easy for your business to automate its marketing and sales processes
- Customizable Forms: You may create custom forms aligned with your business to capture leads on any website or landing page.
- Reporting: Keap provides reporting capabilities that allow your business to track the performance of its marketing campaigns and sales pipelines, making data-driven decisions
Pros of Keap
- Sales Pipeline Management
- Integration and API
- Built-in Shopping Cart/eCommerce
- Sales and Marketing Automation
- User-Friendly Interface
Cons of Keap
- No inbound marketing
- Limited customization & automation
- Very expensive for small to medium-sized business
Keap is relatively quite expensive starting at $159/month. Though it provides a 14-day free trial, it’s still very expensive for small and medium-sized businesses.
*Keap also offers onboarding services for a one-time fee of $499, which includes one-on-one strategy-building sessions and a free Sales and marketing Playbook
- G2 Rating: 4.2/5
- Capterra Rating: 4.1/5
- Trustpilot Rating: 2.6/5
- GetApp Rating: 4.1/5
Is Keap Better than Ontraport?
Keep comes with its own unique values offering paid assistance along with a tool that’s designed to be used along with sales funnels. However, many users have complained about slow support and less efficient reporting features that may hamper marketing activity.
In terms of price, Ontraport is a lot more affordable. But most Keap users are large enterprises that value quality over everything and Keap does have a low bug-rate and a more user-friendly interface. Some of its marketing automation features are simply way better than Ontraport.
ActiveCampaign is an email marketing automation tool that many like to call a customer experience automation (CXA) platform. And they have every right to do so because this tool is one of the best CRM and email automation platforms out there.
The best part about ActiveCampaign is, that you will get tons of automation triggers to use in your business, whether service-based or e-commerce, and run email marketing campaigns without much difficulty.
- Founded in 2003
- Founder: Jason VandeBoom
- Founding Company: ActiveCampaign
Key Features of ActiveCampaign
- Marketing Automation + Sales CRM: ActiveCampaign offers robust automation features for both e-commerce and service-based businesses to easily create email campaigns, foster leads, and drive conversions
- Predictive Actions: ActiveCampaign’s predictive actions feature uses machine learning to predict the next best action for each contact in real-time, based on their behavior and engagement history
- Recommendations & Recipes: You will find several pre-built automation recipes to help you set up automated campaigns for your business in just a few clicks and drive more sales easily.
- Channels, Apps & Integrations: The tool has integrations with 870+ useful marketing and business tools to help you use it with your existing setup.
- Transactional Email API + SMTP for Your Site or App: ActiveCampaign offers transactional email automation, along with options to design your transactional emails and trigger them from any automation without having to loop in a developer for help.
Pros of ActiveCampaign
- One of the best email automation solutions for e-commerce
- Affordable pricing plans compared to overall value
- Easy to use for beginners & experts alike.
Cons of ActiveCampaign
- Limited options to customize emails
- More price for a higher number of leads.
- Limited A/B testing features
Pricing Plans of ActiveCampaign
ActiveCampaign starts at $29/month for 1000 contacts along with email marketing automation and tons of email templates. For more contacts and other advanced features such as lead forms, predictive sending, e-commerce integration, etc, you will need to go for a higher plan which can go over $149/month.
Initially, it’s quite affordable, but as your business grows, you will face limitations in scalability due to a significant increase in price.
- G2 Rating: 4.5/5
- Capterra Rating: 4.6/5
- Trustpilot Rating:3.1/5
- GetApp Rating:4.6/5
Is ActiveCampaign Better than Ontraport?
After observing forums and customer reviews, we have found out that ActiveCampaign is quite powerful when it comes to automation workflows for e-commerce. But it’s more limited to email marketing automation than offering other marketing automation features such as funnels and landing pages. It’s predictive sending is definitely one of it’s better features but that’s affordable only for large businesses.
Overall, ActiveCampaign and Ontraport are similar in terms of price and functionality, but ActiveCampaign has more automation features and easier UI, making it one of the best Ontraport alternatives out there.
Are These Ontraport Alternatives Actually Viable?
Ontroport in itself is quite powerful. However, as you saw in this article, there are tools that are much better than Ontraport even for its core CRM functionalities besides the price.
But obviously, you have to decide your best option based on your business goals. If you are using WordPress, then Main Mint would be a brilliant choice to avoid spending on necessary features and have full control over your business and marketing activities.
Hubspot on the other hand is more suitable for large businesses that require all-in-one marketing features besides CRM. ActiveCampign is specialized for advanced automation features for e-commerce.
Likewise, every tool has its own unique specialties and it all depends on which Ontraprot alternative is the best option to help you reach your business goals without spending a fortune or investing overwhelming efforts.
So which one do you think is better? Let us know in the comments.
1. What are the key differences between Ontraport and its alternatives?
The key differences between Ontraport and its alternatives lie in their specific features, pricing, and focus areas. For e.g.- ActiveCampaign provides a comprehensive suite of marketing automation tools for e-commerce businesses, while Mail Mint specializes in email marketing automation for WordPress with more lead segmentation control. These are areas where Ontraport is lacking comparatively.
2. Do these alternatives provide email marketing automation?
Yes, all Ontraport alternatives mentioned here have email marketing automation features. ActiveCampaign and Mail Mint have the best automation options for e-commerce, while all of them have great email automation capabilities for other businesses.
3. Which Ontraport Alternative is the best for WordPress Users?
Mail Mint appears to be the best Ontraport Alternative for WordPress users. Mail Mint offers impressive WordPress integration, which makes it a better choice for businesses using the WordPress platform. And if you are using WooCommerce, then you will get exclusive automation recipes, email templates, and customer management features to help you succeed with your online business.